Let’s learn more about Watauga before you decide to relocate your complete life here!
Watauga is a city in Tarrant County, Texas, United States, and a suburb of Fort Worth. The city is entirely surrounded by the cities of Keller to the north, Fort Worth to the west, Haltom City to the southwest and North Richland Hills to the south and east. Almost all of the city’s land area is located east of US 377, though a portion extends west of that highway and includes homes and some city offices.
The population was 23,497 at the 2010 census. The cities’ businesses and retail market is generally located on Highway 377. When it comes to cost of living it is a bit more affordable than the rest of Texas communities.
It is a rather small town and perfect for those who are looking for a cozy and quiet town to settle down. However, Watauga is not a boring place, there are numerous activities. Some of them are Capp Smith Park, Watauga Pavilion and Watauga Public Library which is a sworn member of the Fort Worth-based METRO-PAC library catalog system. Other nearby attractions to Watauga and inside the Mid-Cities include North East Mall in Hurst, Grapevine Lake and Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine, NRH20 in North Richland Hills), and Southlake Town Square in Southlake. Location of the city is great because everything is rather close.
Something about Watauga history
The first settlers came to Tarrant County in 1843. The Texas and Pacific Railway came through present-day Watauga in 1881, which spurred a settlement of large farms and ranches. The settlement took its name from the pre-Revolutionary War Watauga Association settlement that was located in the northeastern section of East Tennessee, in areas surrounding the Sycamore Shoals of the Watauga River, near present-day Elizabethton, Tennessee. Watauga received a railroad station and a post office in 1883. The population was 65 in the mid-1930s and 1940s, when the railroad station had closed. The population then grew due to defense plants to over 1000 in the 1960s. The population continued to grow to 7,050 in 1976, and 20,000 in 1990.